Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Palamar
New Contributor

high memory usage

hi,

fortiwifi 80cm,fortiOs 5.2.10

high memory usage,why?

What functions should I disable?

8 REPLIES 8
Palamar
New Contributor

get system performance status

Palamar

What Is httpclid,httpsd,cmbsvr,pifcgid,miglogd?

Can I turn it off?

Palamar

help me please.

romanr
Valued Contributor

Hey,

I only see you got like 59 or 63% mem usage - So where is the problem? That's not a real high memory usage - Especially for a 80CM with 5.2.

The 80C models from the early series don't have much memory - If you often reach conserve mode, you will need to consider doing a trade-up. A 50E will have several times more performance and will cost only half of service subscription fees/year....

Br,Roman

zwinchester91
New Contributor

Honestly, if this is the report of an 80CM under full network load...i'd say thats about right.  However if this is idling with 64% memory then I'd look a little further into it.  Under what conditions does this cpu and memory usage appear?  Idle? Normal?  Heavy load?

Palamar

Such a load when running two computers.

Palamar

60% of the memory is used at idle speed

I used firmware FortiOs 5.4 and 5.6. Set the default settings but the load did not decrease

NotMine

Hello, I would say that this model simply has too little RAM (494MB?) to support new firmware versions.

I have a FGT-60D running FortiOS 5.2.8 and at this very moment it's utilizing 503M/1839M (27%) of RAM. It is in production, and has Web Filtering and Application Control enabled, but it's Sunday so there are no people in the office.

As long as you are below 77% and you don't have any problems with traffic or management, I would say you're OK. But, I would suggest checking out Fortinet's great Trade-Up opportunities and maybe getting a newer model with great discounts. I don't know if FGT-80CM is yet eligible for trade-up, but it doesn't hurt asking.

Cheers!

Slavko

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors