Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Domm
New Contributor

fortiwi & AP clients loose connection when moving

Hello. I have a new Fortiwifi 90d-poe and an AP221B-A, they both share the same ssid wifi. if my laptops stay at same location I don' t have a problem but if one is moving and it connection then move from AP to fortiwifi, the pc is still able to access internet but can' t communicate with any other pc for about 3 minutes. after the 3 minutes pinging a laptop that is still on AP wifi will work. so I have a delay of couple of minutes for a pc to be fully up. is it normal? is something can be done to get a quicker access so laptop move from AP to fortiwifi and 1 sec after it can ping/access/print on other hardware on the network? fortigate and ap are both on 5.0.7.
4 REPLIES 4
selvam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Can you try this build. FAP_221B-v5.0.0-b6119-fortinet.out You can download from ftp 96.45.34.142 user/password - forum/12345678 Please let us know if it is fixed.
Domm

Sorry I didn' t saw your request before now. I' m surprise about this firmware 5.0.0 b6119 since the latest for 5.0.7 is b0064. Where did you get that one and is it a live version or an alpha/beta that never got to public? I know there is a 5.0.2 but support is not recommending it yet since it' s too new. the support guy I' m talking to is not also aware of this build version.
selvam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

This is an internal build, which has fixes for roaming issue you are seeing. I have also verified the issue on this build. The fix will go into next release build. Thought we can give you quick fix for it.
Sean_Toomey_FTNT

Another suggestion is to try enabling " AP Handoff" and " Frequency Handoff" in the AP Profile. I' ve had luck with that in the past. See the pic below.
-- Sean Toomey, CISSP FCNSP Consulting Security Engineer (CSE) FORTINET— High Performance Network Security
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors