Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mateusguilherme
New Contributor III

fortisandbox and SDWAN rules

Hello

I'm having problems with local traffic generated by Fortigate and SDWAN rules. When one of the links that make up our SDWAN goes offline, I receive the following error message:

"unable to connect to fortisandbox. Either the appliance is not reachable or this fortigate is not authorized"

Then users start receiving SSL certificate error messages when they try to access a web page, or a message like this:

"Web Page Blocked
An error occurred while trying to rate the website using the webfiltering service. Web Filter Service Error no correct FortiGuard information"

I tried the following commands (available at: link  ) but the problem persists:

config log fortiguard setting
set interface-select-method sdwan
end

config system fortiguard
set interface-select-method sdwan
end

I have a 60F with version 7.0.13 build 0566 (Mature)

5 REPLIES 5
asoni
Staff
Staff

Hello,

When one of the link goes down in SDWAN, does that default route getting removed ? 

You can check available default route using the following command:

# get router info routing-table details 0.0.0.0

Also, are you able to ping below FQDN when the issue occurs?

# exec ping service.fortiguard.net

# exec ping update.fortiguard.net

# exec ping guard.fortinet.net

For more details about Fortiguard server connectivity, please refer to following article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Unable-to-connect-to-FortiGuard-serv...

thank you

mateusguilherme

Apparently the problem only happens when the link involved is a PPPOE link. It seems that the performance SLA cannot disable the default route of this link when it is a PPPOE interface with a fixed gateway set. I will do some more tests.

AEK

In your PPPoE interface settings, try set route distance to something higher like 30. And in your SD-WAN settings, set the same interface gateway to dynamic.

AEK
AEK
mateusguilherme
New Contributor III

putting the PPPOE interface gateway in dynamic mode solved the problem and the route is removed from the routing table when the link goes down. However, this caused the problem reported in this post: link 

AEK

Try remove those policy routes and configure SD-WAN rules instead.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors