Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
issatogola
New Contributor

fortigate

Hello everyone, I have a problem with our fortiGate 60E in the office. I found when I arrived this morning that no connections were going through, after looking for the problem we found that the fortiGate was down. Currently we have disconnected all the cables and turned it back on but the LEDs do not light up. When we turn it on only the three-line LED on the left at the bottom of the FORTINET logo lights up. Thanks in advance.Forti concernéForti concerné

4 REPLIES 4
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

You can see the errors by connecting the device from the console port and restarting it. The flash is probably corrupted. You can format the flash and reload the firmware.

Tuncay BAS
RZK Muhendislik Turkey
FCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
Tuncay BASRZK Muhendislik TurkeyFCA,FCP,FCF,FCSS
KumarV
Staff
Staff

Hello @issatogola,

Once you connect the console cable and If your fortigate stucks in boot loop state then you have to press any of the key and then it will show you few options and you have to press "F" to format the device and they you need to follow the document below.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Formatting-and-loading-FortiGate-firmware-...

Regards

Verender

IsaacLong
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the information.

Spoiler
Your FortiGate 60E might be experiencing a hardware issue if it's not powering on fully and only showing the three-line LED indicator. This usually suggests that the device might be stuck in a boot or diagnostic mode. Given that it's not fully operational and the LEDs are not lighting up as expected, I recommend reaching out to Fortinet support for further diagnostics and potential repair or replacement options. They can provide more specific guidance based on the LED status and symptoms. The demands of school can sometimes be overwhelming, which is why platforms like domypaper.com are such a great resource. They provide writing services ranging from essays to research papers, ensuring plagiarism-free content. Their free revisions option makes it easy to adjust the paper to fit your exact requirements. It’s a fantastic option for students needing a little extra help with their assignments.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors