Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kinmun
New Contributor II

fortigate alertemail configurations

using cli to configure the alertemail settings, can i configure such that mailto1 received ips alert while mailto2 received all critical alerts ?

in the gui, i can only select based on events or serverity for one or many users

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

As far as I know the settings are global, only one setting per system. The only thing you can configure in the CLI is multiple mail recipients.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Suggestion

If you like hacking around , you could what we did . We used our sendmail relay  and parser to direct alerts from  the mail-relay to the intended email-target.

This way you can grep on strings, and direct just that alert to   mailing-list  for mailto:SOC  for IPS security event and  for example all others to  the mailto:NOC team. We had to do this to  keep our NOC from getting what IPS/IDS drive events.

But to have the  fortigate  do  this,  is just not doable at this time. Now if you have a PaloAlto PA you have more flexibility on the appliance for this

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors