Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zqwensz
New Contributor

fortigate 60D auto reboot irregularly

hi there, i bought one fortigate 60D device two months ago, but the device always auto reboot irregularly. i've upgraded to latest 5.0.11 software. what the problem may happen to this device?

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_McMullan

Are there any log entries (besides the reboots) that show why the FortiGate decided to/was forced to reboot at those times?

To make sure it's irregular, could you verify the status of the scheduled restart command?

config sys global

get | grep restart

end

It should say: 'daily-restart : disable'

Otherwise, you'd see something like:

get | grep restart daily-restart : enable restart-time : 01:00

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If the 60D erratically reboots it may be possible a bad power adapter, overheating, or the file-system on the flash is corrupted.  If you have a console cable, connect to the 60D using Putty or some other terminal program -- reboot the 60D and see if there are any errors; leave the putty session open.  If the 60D reboots, the reason may show up on the console.  If there are no visible errors reported, put your hand on the unit and feel how warm/hot it gets -- nothing should be blocking the vents on the unit.  Not sure how you would test for a bad power adapter unless you had a exact spare one laying around that you could swap/test.

Personally, I would reformat the boot disk/install new firmware then run the HQIP test on it.  If the unit still reboots, open an RMA ticket and attach any putty/console logs showing any errors.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Plus one on the power supply. I bought a replacement from eBay. It was rated at 5 amps, but it was the same size as the original. In the summer, my basement warmed up and the FGT would reboot. Turns out that power supply doesn't tolerate heat well. I replaced it with another and all my problems went away. Took me more than a couple of weeks to figure that one out...

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors