Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mehdimesgar
New Contributor

fortigate 1200d dont boot

hi guys

I have a FortiGate device that shows a message  on console  after turning it on.

Does anyone know why?

<_>: FG1500D SMC (v1.0.4)
<_>: Build Number: 71
<_>: Build Date: 18:51-10.06.2015
<_>: Pigeon Point Systems (c) Copyright 2004-2009.
<_>: Reset type: hard, reset cause: power failure
<_>: Operating mode: standalone
<_>: RTC M41T81S time: 2024/6/9 16:20:41
<_>: LAN iface 0: MAC shared, IP = 192.168.0.1
<_>: Disabling chassis sensors.
<_>: Hardware address: 0x10
<_>: NC-SI channel 1: NC-SI version 1.0.0, f/w name: NCSI01.00.22, f/w version: F1.F0.22.00
<_>: Chassis: Power Activating
<_>: PSU 1 Mfr. ID: DELTA Model: DPS-450AB-8 C
<_>: PMBus AC Power Supply in Slot 1
<_>: PSU 2 Mfr. ID: DELTA Model: DPS-450AB-8 C
<_>: PMBus AC Power Supply in Slot 2
<L>: EEPROM write error, I2C bus: 03, I2C address: A6, data address: 4100
<_>: Chassis: Main Power OK
<_>: Enabling PS slot 1 sensors
<_>: Enabling PS slot 2 sensors
<A>: Sensor alert
<_>: Chassis: Monitoring
<_>: Enabling chassis sensors.

5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Well, when the PSU sensors are activated they immediately go off...not good. It looks like your PSU got fried in the blackout.

Please open a ticket with CS asap and request a hardware replacement. They will require a lot of info from you before acknowledgement. You may offer that only the PSUs are sent out (but I will doubt they will do that, usually the complete FGT is replaced).

After the exchange, check the KB for replacement procedure to activate your contracts on the new serial number.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello @mehdimesgar  ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet Forum portal.

-Can you confirm how many PSU are connected to Fortigate?

-Do you see any amber light on the power supply?

-In non-peak time can you try removing and re-plugging the cable to see if it works again?

-Did you try replacing the power supply if you have any other spare PSU to verify if it is a PSU or else a device hardware issue?

-Did you try rebooting the Fortigate device?

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped resolve the issue, mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching for similar scenarios.

Manasa
mehdimesgar

hi 

my device have 2 psu ,and reboot more time device,change and replace 2 psu and i dont see amber  light on psu.

As I said in the first post The state of 2 power supplies during boot is OK. I don't know why the operating system does not come up?

mehdimesgar

As I said in the first post The state of 2 power supplies during boot is OK. I don't know why the operating system does not come up?

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

I also see that before the sensors go off there is an I2C EEPROM write error. That looks indeed like if something on your FGT's mainboard got fried eve though PSUs seem to be still good. I would also advice contactig customer support for a RMA!

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors