Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sean3
New Contributor III

forticlient ssl vpn works only with mobile hotspot, not working with home wifi

hi all,

Suddenly i got the issue that FortiClient vpn on my company laptop can only work with my mobile hotspot, but if I try with home wifi it gives me the error message as below screenshot when the progress bar reaches 20%. I am not the single one having the issue. FortiClient version is 7.0.11.0569.

But if i browse to https://company-vpn-name.company.com:8443 under home wifi (yeah the service port is 8443 in my company), the page can be loaded, and if i do telnet company-vpn-name.company.com 8443, it also succeeded.

-6005.png

please help to advice! Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Sean

Can you try disable any IPv6 on your Windows and on your router and do the test again?

AEK
AEK
sean3
New Contributor III

thanks AEK, will try to do that and share it here. Do you think any microsoft update will probably cause it?

AEK

I sometimes see Windows update or NIC driver update can cause such issue, but since you said the VPN on the same PC (I guess with the same update) works on 4G/5G and doesn't work on home WiFi then I think it is not related to Windows updates or drivers.

AEK
AEK
pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello @sean3,

please check this article on How to fix the error 'Unable to establish VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable (-6005)'...
This article describes the case when logging into the FortiClient it shows the following error 'Unable to establish VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable(-6005)'. Let us know if you have any queries.

thanks

sean3
New Contributor III

yeah it works. since the ssl vpn profile is centrally managed by EMS server, we modify the ipv6 label in the xml file and update to all forticlient.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors