Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bullfrog
New Contributor II

forticlient service scheduler not starting

I'm hoping someone maybe able to helps.

We've been using Forticlient for many years starting with Windows 7, now we are on Windows 11 and FortiClient has worked well up until the recent upgrade from MS, 22H2 where the Forticlient Service Scheduler is stuck on Starting never started. We've been using V 6.2.6 and also v 7.0.5. V7 is just VPN only but both having the same problem.

Any help would be grateful.

1 Solution
Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Afternoon

It looks like I've found the problem which effects Windows 11 2H22.

If you are on a domain and manage group policies to each PC from the Domain, I found by accident that the group policies for Internet Explorer in the computer Configuration had stopped the service for FortiClient to running. I'm not sure which policy yet but I've managed to get the service working correctly. We have a couple of dozen policies so will take me a while to find the culprit.

Hope this helps those who have the same problem.

Many thanks

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Hi edmit_vs

I've went through all the group policies to do with internet explorer and found that the group policies under 

Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Local Machine Zone is the cause. We only had 3 policies enabled and I just not configured them for now. There is another area which is to do with 'Local Machine Zone' which I've not enabled any of them for now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

edmit_vs

Thanks for this Bullfrog, I will have a look now :)

gioo0137

Hi man, my company need help!
I don't understand your solution
Forticlient services stuck. Start...stop...start...stop...start....stop
Scheduler try to write into a dll.... in system32

I have a lot of computers whose set-up is corrupted.
The workaround is remove forticlient (with utilities)
reboot
Reinstall Forticlient

Explain me a solution
I have 350/400 client with this problem
People can't work at home without vpn

Regards

Giorgio

Screenshot 2022-12-28 alle 14.05.46.png

Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Hi gioo0137

Sorry for the late reply, it's first day back at work.

This worked for us.

I've went through all the group policies on the Domain Server and found that the group policies under 

Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page/Local Machine Zone is the cause. We only had 3 policies enabled and I just not configured them for now. There is another area which is to do with 'Local Machine Zone' which I've not enabled any of them for now.

Hope this helps

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors