Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bullfrog
New Contributor II

forticlient service scheduler not starting

I'm hoping someone maybe able to helps.

We've been using Forticlient for many years starting with Windows 7, now we are on Windows 11 and FortiClient has worked well up until the recent upgrade from MS, 22H2 where the Forticlient Service Scheduler is stuck on Starting never started. We've been using V 6.2.6 and also v 7.0.5. V7 is just VPN only but both having the same problem.

Any help would be grateful.

1 Solution
Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Afternoon

It looks like I've found the problem which effects Windows 11 2H22.

If you are on a domain and manage group policies to each PC from the Domain, I found by accident that the group policies for Internet Explorer in the computer Configuration had stopped the service for FortiClient to running. I'm not sure which policy yet but I've managed to get the service working correctly. We have a couple of dozen policies so will take me a while to find the culprit.

Hope this helps those who have the same problem.

Many thanks

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Bullfrog,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Bullfrog,

May I invite you to download and install the new version of FortiClient (7.2) please?

Could you tell me if it fixed the issue after that?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Hello Anthony

Sorry but I'm unable to find v7.2. I've asked our ISP who use Fortinet and they aren't able to find this either. Do you know where this can be downloaded?

Thanks

jasonwillis
New Contributor

Anthony,

I am having the same issue as Bullfrog. The latest version of the Forticlient shows as 7.0.7 and the firmware of the firewall is 7.2. It appears that after the latest update from microsoft the Forticlient Services Scheduler will get hung up with starting. I have uninstalled the forticlient and reinstalled with no luck. Also now unable to save the config settings in the new VPN download.

Thanks

Jason Willis

jasonwillis
New Contributor

Hey Bullfrog, we found out on our issue that the users regsvr32.exe file was missing from c\windows\system32.  Added it back from another machine and it started working.  May not resolve your issue, but thought it might.

Bullfrog

Morning

I've just checked the affected machines and they all have the regsvr32.exe installed.

Thanks

Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Afternoon

It looks like I've found the problem which effects Windows 11 2H22.

If you are on a domain and manage group policies to each PC from the Domain, I found by accident that the group policies for Internet Explorer in the computer Configuration had stopped the service for FortiClient to running. I'm not sure which policy yet but I've managed to get the service working correctly. We have a couple of dozen policies so will take me a while to find the culprit.

Hope this helps those who have the same problem.

Many thanks

edmit_vs

Hi Bullfrog, we are also having this issue, can I ask if you managed to identify the offending GPO?

Thanks

Bullfrog
New Contributor II

Hi edmit_vs

I've not found it yet; I've decided to approach it from a different direction but will keep you posted.

Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors