Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

forticlient mobile still broken wth Dell Axim X51v

okay, was a paid user of the Forticlient Mobile 3.0, but it had numerous problems and I let my license slip, for anyone from Fortinet, tickets 140198 and 116905 refer to the problems. I was very interested when in upgrading one of the routers I noticed there is a 4.0 release of the Forticlient Mobile for WM5. I have a spare Axim X51v just for testing stuff like this out. It' s running the A12 rom from Dell (windows mobile 5, AKU 2.3) - install took several soft resets before it would " take" , the first few times the installer (cab) just sat there and didn' t do anything - once installed it seemed fine, but occaisionally still noticed that activesync wouldn' t connect, another few soft resets seems to have resolved that - next problem of large concern, it seems once again (like 3.0) to break wifi device control and notification. Essentially wifi seems to be permanently on now, but the wifi led stays dark and opening up the wifi utility shows wifi as disabled, using the wifi button on the device pops up " enabling wireless" , however this has no effect on the existing running wifi connection. The only way to enable/disable wifi reliably is to put the device in flight mode Comments
2 REPLIES 2
wellington
New Contributor

Seems there can be problems where the wifi driver is from a third party, the forticlient needs to associate itself with that interface it seems this can be a problem for VPN access if the release notes are anything to go by I don' t know the Axim, but I' m guessing these two problems are not unrelated. I think MS improved the API/physical driver in later versions to help with this issue. WIFI controller(FROM Dell?) | WIFI API(FROM MS) | user level application ------------------------------------- system driver FortiClient driver | Physical WIFI driver
Not applicable

Hi, I know the problem you was talking about. Regarding to the ActiveSync issue, if possible, I suggest to upgrade it to a latest version. When I was using ActiveSync 4.0,4.2, I meet this issue. But now, I' m using ActiveSync 4.5, I never it any more. Regarding to the WiFi notification, it' s a known issue and listed on release notes. But it doesn' t matter, you wifi can work fine. Just the notification icon can' t be refreshed. It' s more like a OS bug than our software bug, i think. On each WM5 AKU* edition, there always are some weird problem. So weird and hard to fix. If possible, I suggest to upgrade to WM6. I didn' t see any issue on WM6 so far. Best
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors