Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LithiumKid1976
New Contributor

forticlient deleting network shortcuts on all machins

hi

since yesterday, users with network shortcuts on their desktop, have been having them deleted from their desktop.

a common factor on all these machines, not just in our company, is forticlient.

can you advise if you are aware of this issue?

18 REPLIES 18
duke_g
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have exactly the same Problem here. We have 150 Win7 PC in a Windows Domain, all with Forticlient 5.2.4 and sice yesterday they all have lost the network shortcuts from the desktop. That is driving me crazy!

After uninstalling Forticlient from several machines the shortcuts stay on the desktop. So it seems, this Problem is related to Forticlient.

Regards

Duke.G

spinelli

same problem here.. this needs to be fixed asap

thebove
New Contributor

We are experiencing this issue as well on approximately 350 systems with FortiClient software installed and registered to our Fortigate 600C.

I have used Sysinternals Process Monitor to capture the event where fmon.exe (Forticlient Realtime Antivirus Protection) requests the deletion of the shortcut from the desktop.

As a temporary work-around, we've instructed our users to place all the network shortcuts they use into a folder they create on their desktop.  It seems that whenever whatever is happening happens, it only deletes shortcuts directly on the user's desktop.  If they are contained within a folder, they remain untouched.

We have a support ticket open with Fortinet, and they tell us they are investigating at this time, and referenced this post when we called and spoke with them.

jenyik_dezso

We have same problem. I analyzed it with procmon, here is the result:

It is a very big fault, our clients can't work.

Please repair it asap.

k_nikolaou

On windows XP machines forticlient is removing desktop folders to.

Its a big mess and I think all my companies that I support are going to take legal actions.

MikeRomeo

... All desktop shortcuts removed ...... a support ticket is open for the same reason, to speed up the problem approx affected machines .. 84

giuone
New Contributor

We have the same problem, since Yesterday 15 october 2015.

I've opened a Ticket for the resolution, we've tried also to exclude desktop check from forticlient configuration, but nothing !

Only booting on safety mode and change startup FortiClient updater to Disable that we able to doesn't start the fortclient

The only way to preserve desktop shortcuts is creating a Desktop client folder and moving all shortcuts inside

spinelli
New Contributor

did someone get an update from fortinet ? when is this going to be fixed ?

thebove

spinelli wrote:

did someone get an update from fortinet ? when is this going to be fixed ?

They called me back earlier this afternoon, and were looking for some more specifics/details to try and replicate the problem.  Nothing further though.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors