Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
stulluk
Visitor

forticlient 7.4.0 - unable to modify settings

I am running Forticlient 7.4.0.1636 under Ubuntu 22.04 to connect my company's VPN.

My problem: In the settings menu, if I unlock it , change some settings below, and then connect to VPN, my changes are not saved, and they return back to original values as below:

2024-10-17-08-39-36.png

I want to change these settings because :

1) Logging causes constant pressure on the disk I/O

2) I have to click multiple popups to accept invalid server certificate and unnecessary confirmation dialogs everytime I connect.

See below for screenshots:

2024-10-17-08-42-35.png

2024-10-17-08-42-57.png

2024-10-17-08-43-10.png

How can I modify the settings so that I can reduce number of steps when connecting to VPN ?

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

I know there are some things on FCT that cannot be done without EMS, but I'm not sure for this one.

I think you should try with FCT VPN (the free version). Try with 7.4.0 and in case the issue persists you may try with 7.2.5 or even 7.0.13.

AEK
AEK
hokumto1
Visitor

Same issue here indeed. Sometimes not connecting, or after 5 or 6 times…. Running Windows 10 and 11. Tried version 7.0 7.2 and also 7.4. But same issue occurs random…

At this moment again a support ticket open… but im guessing not much Will come out! So if someone has a solution ….

stulluk
Visitor

@AEK 
This is totally not related to different version as I already tried older versions before.
This is basically a bug, where the application does not PERSIST the settings.

Where should we look for official support for this?

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiClient without EMS is not supported, and FortiClient VPN (free version) is also not supported.

As mentioned try to use FortiClient VPN instead of FortiClient, because FortiClient VPN can store the config without the need of EMS.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors