Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mrcmobile
New Contributor II

forticlient 7.0.5 bluescreen bsod windows 10 NETIO.SYS or SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Hallo, I have been noticed from some users of our network, that today and yesterday, some PCs with windows 10 started to show classic BSOD, and restart during normal use. Sometime it happens more than once a day.
PCs come from different brands, and hardware configurations, but are all windows 10 pro.
In the last days we have applied 7.0.5 update to all Forticlients. (7.0.3 previous ver.)
Any related recent known issue possible?

Thank you in advance.

Marco

mrcmobile_0-1653412147957.png

mrcmobile_1-1653412169693.png

1 Solution
mrcmobile
New Contributor II

Problem solved:

Symantec endpoint protection 14.3 was still installed on those PCs. Until FClient version 7.03 there were no problems. Both AV could share the same machine.
After updating to 7.05, BSOD started to affect only those PCs.
Note that we still own few PCs with Windows 7, and those are not affected. Symantec and Fclient 7.05 can still live together.

To avoid problem, I had to remove symantec endpoint 14.3 client from all PCs. It was already a sheduled job to do, but BSOD arrived earlier.

To answer to Bommi > it happens to all windows 10 versions. Same NETIO.SYS error.

PS: here they say both products could be installed:

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/alliances/dg-forticlient-symantec-endpoint-prot...

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @mrcmobile 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

bommi
Contributor III

Hello Marco,

can you tell us which version of windows 10 is shown when you use the "winver" command?

Is it the same windows 10 version for all endpoints with bsod?

Best Regards

Dominik

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
mrcmobile
New Contributor II

Problem solved:

Symantec endpoint protection 14.3 was still installed on those PCs. Until FClient version 7.03 there were no problems. Both AV could share the same machine.
After updating to 7.05, BSOD started to affect only those PCs.
Note that we still own few PCs with Windows 7, and those are not affected. Symantec and Fclient 7.05 can still live together.

To avoid problem, I had to remove symantec endpoint 14.3 client from all PCs. It was already a sheduled job to do, but BSOD arrived earlier.

To answer to Bommi > it happens to all windows 10 versions. Same NETIO.SYS error.

PS: here they say both products could be installed:

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/alliances/dg-forticlient-symantec-endpoint-prot...

Izzy
New Contributor

Currently we are having the same issue but we only have Forticlient running on our devices so when we moved to 7.0.5 we started to have this issue. We are not running any other third party AV software on our systems. Any one found a solution? We have ensured all updates to network drivers are up to date (recommended by Microsoft). Currently I am keeping users at 7.0.3 since it has not caused any issues with our current environment. I am currently testing 7.0.6 to see if this has been resolved.  

Izzy
New Contributor

Adding to this, After upgrading to 7.0.6 we continue to have the same issue. With 7.0.3 we do not have the issue. Again we have win 10 devices which are also STIGed (did not mention before but could be relevant) they have windows defender and forticlient no other AV is installed. What I don't get is why the previous version work fine but the new ones have this issue. All sources I've seen thus far do not point to win defender causing problems with forticlient. I'll update when I get new results. 

JamieO
New Contributor

Hi, we have windows 10 enterprise machines. Some of them are running windows defender and others the antimalware of Forticlient. Both have BSODs. Like you mention, only 7.0.3 is stable. Fortinet should get a better quality assurance testing before releasing a version with a major issue.

HewittVandegrift
New Contributor

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/forticlient-7-0-5-bluescreen-bsod-windows-teatimeresults-10-NETIO-SYS-or-SYSTEM/td-p/212901

Thanks...

perchmaster
New Contributor

We have the same problem with 7.0.5.0238. We have opened a TAC ticket. Will keep you updated if they have any solution to this. Does anybody has more information about this issue yet?

mrcmobile

any news from TAC support?

Thank you

marco

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors