Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
asda
New Contributor

firewall policy error

10.25.png

why i get this error,when i us script,the policy can't be creat ,creat them one by one could be done,what do these error mean ,how to solve it ,my Version: FortiGate-1000C v5.4.10,build1220,180821 (GA)

6 REPLIES 6
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @asda ,

FortiOS version 5.4.10 is quite old and not anymore supported (https://support.fortinet.com/Information/ProductLifeCycle.aspx > "Software"). End of Support date was 21-June-2020

The issue seems to match a known bug that has been resolved in more recent release (5.6 branch, that is also quite old). My advice is to upgrade to a more recent FortiOS version to resolve the problem.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
asda

Hi, can I ask about the specific content of this bug,and did this bug have any impact, or it only affect my script,thank you very much

fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @asda ,

I am unable to disclose any detail, the bug affects how the process cmdb commits config changes in this particular case so it may affect scripts similar to yours.
You may try to put some "sleep" in-between each command in the script  to slow down the execution and see if that works but my advice would still be an upgrade.

Regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
asda

i get it,but can you help me explain the content of this error report,please:folded_hands::folded_hands:I need to deal with my superiors🥲thank you

cmd_commit_cmdb: cmf_query_commit(0x45daca0) error

restore_pcontext:825 cmf_query_table_delete(0) error

fricci_FTNT

Hi @asda,

On this forum I am not allowed to disclose any further detail on that. If you need more details please raise a ticket with our support. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

---
asda

ok,thank for your advice

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors