Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

faz upgrade

Hi, Just want to ask why FAZ back to its factory default settings after a firmware upgrade?Why I say so its because when i upgrade one of our clients FAZ from ver 3 to new patch of ver 3 the current settings were gone. Now I have a client needs to upgrade the firmware from ver3 to ver4 because of incomplete generation of report. I might afraid it will restore again to its default. What happen for the logs,reports,data being stored in FAZ? My client using FAZ 60B. Any guidance is a big help. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

please have a look at the Admin Guide or Release Notes for upgrade procedures. If you upgrade via http / web GUI you should not lose your config. If you upgrade from the BIOS or via tftp then you' ll lose the config. So what did you do?
My client using FAZ 60B.
wow, these thingies are getting smaller and smaller. I wonder which market is served by a FAZ 60B - the ambitious home user?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

My client using FAZ 60B.
hummm... there' s no fortianalyzer 60B.. FAZes minimum models are 100(out), 100A (out), 100B and current 100C Whichever be the model, follow ede_pfau' s recommendation about upgrade procedures. regards

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

guys sorry,its faz 100B rather. why I mentioned 60B its because im supporting my other client using fgt 60b. thanks
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors