Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
James_G
Contributor III

explicit proxy - user UPN in AD does not match our domain name and thus LDAP lookup fails

I have an issue with explicit proxy authentication with NTLM with LDAP lookup to AD - in summary our user UPN in AD does not match our domain name and thus LDAP lookup fails Our domain is exampleAD.com My user is user1@exampleAD.com My UPN is user1@example.com If I change my UPN back to user1@exampleAD.com the user authentication in explicit proxy then works, but we have a requirement (Office 365) for our UPN to match our email domain name, thus must remain different to domain user name. Any ideas what we can do to resolve?

Thanks in advance

The log details if it helps are below - but not sure this is relevant as I know the workaround is to change the UPN.

GeneralDate2019/01/21Time11:25:51Virtual DomainrootLog DescriptionExplicit proxy user group query failed

SourceIP10.10.10.10Useruser1@exampleAD.comGroupN/A

DestinationIP212.58.249.208Host Namewww.bbc.co.uk

ActionActionNTLM-authPolicy0StatusfailureReasonGroup information query failedAuthentication ProtocolHTTP(10.10.10.10)

SecurityLevel 

EventMessageUser failed in group information query     
2 REPLIES 2
baggins
New Contributor III

Hi,

Did you try with group filters under "config user ldap"?

James_G
Contributor III

Anyone looking in the future - I fixed the issue - change domain-name under domain-controller to match your UPN the users have set and all seems to work OK

config user domain-controller edit "domain.com" set ip-address 10.10.10.10 set domain-name "domain.com" set ldap-server "DC01" next end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors