Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abisgroup
New Contributor

execive number of Win10 desktops corrupt OS image and fail to boot

I've installed FortiClient office-wide couple months ago. And though I don't have a solid statistical data, but I've noticed that increased number of Windows 10 desktops keep failing to reboot. All machines complain about inability to boot current OS image and prompt me with some rudimentary tourbleshooting screen. Couple times I've ended up using reset option and loaded a factory fresh WIndows 10 image.

I will be last to claim that Windows 10 is such mature, stable, un-brokenable OS ... but it seems rather alarming number of identical failures recently.

Did you ever suspect that FC is doing something nefarious and might corrupt Windows 10 OS?

OB

1 REPLY 1
ericli_FTNT
Staff
Staff

abisgroup wrote:

I've installed FortiClient office-wide couple months ago. And though I don't have a solid statistical data, but I've noticed that increased number of Windows 10 desktops keep failing to reboot. All machines complain about inability to boot current OS image and prompt me with some rudimentary tourbleshooting screen. Couple times I've ended up using reset option and loaded a factory fresh WIndows 10 image.

I will be last to claim that Windows 10 is such mature, stable, un-brokenable OS ... but it seems rather alarming number of identical failures recently.

Did you ever suspect that FC is doing something nefarious and might corrupt Windows 10 OS?

OB

Hi, can I have the version number of your FortiClient?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors