Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jimmy1979
New Contributor

download file logs

Hello guys.

I would like to know if any of you have ever encountered this problem: when I download logs from the firewall the file is always empty.

I tried to download them in all formats, from multiple browsers, using another pc, but the file is allways empty.

I think the problem is the Fortigate. The logs are visible in the GUI and are stored on the firewall disk.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Kangming
Staff
Staff

Hi

What device and image version do you use?

Thanks

Kangming

jimmy1979

Hi, 200D with 6.0.9 OS version build0335,200121 (GA).

Thx

Kangming

Hi

Are you downloading system logs or traffic logs? Are all logs blank when downloaded?

Switch to the MEM log, and then try to download it? See if it is normal.

It may be a problem with the hard disk, you can find an opportunity to format the hard disk.

Technical Tip: Standard procedure to format a FortiGate Log Disk

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD30364&sliceId=...

Thanks

Kangming

jimmy1979

I tried to downloading all types of logs... the file is allways empty.

I have this configuration :

config log memory setting set status enable end config log disk setting set status enable end config log null-device setting set status disable end config log setting set fwpolicy-implicit-log enable set local-in-allow enable set local-in-deny-unicast enable set local-in-deny-broadcast enable set local-out enable end

you think I should disable memory if I have log dysk enable?

Regards.

Kangming

Maybe don’t need to disable mem log, mem log space is very small, there will be no impact disk log download.

Can mem logs be downloaded normally in the GUI?

Thanks

Kangming

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors