Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Abouzar
New Contributor

difference between installation wizard and install config of config status

Hello,

Please, I want to know if there are some differences between the install wizard used to install configs on managed devices and the install config (in the config status pane). 

Thank you for your support!

3 REPLIES 3
ergotherego
Contributor II

These are the differences I have noticed:

Install Config - does not provide a installation preview. FMG assumes that since you either made device-level changes manually via clicking through the WebUI, or ran a Device Script, you have already validated the changes you made. So this just pushes any outstanding device-level settings changes from FMG > FGT.

Install Wizard - does provide an installation preview - IF - if you select to install both policy and device level settings. If you want a final installation preview of device-level changes before pushing them down, you can go this route.

Personally, I always use Install Wizard against production devices, because I like to preview every single change before pushing them down.

Additionally, if there is any type of validation error, you need to run Install Wizard to get logs/details about what went wrong.

Abouzar

Thank you ergotherego,

sw2090
Honored Contributor

annother difference:

install wizzard can roll out to several devices or even all

install config is device specific

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors