Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kareem_Ali
New Contributor

deploying Fortimail

Hi all , i' m confused as admin guide is not clear enogh !! i want to protect one domain and i followed steps on the admin guide when Fortimail behind a firewall . it' s working for SMTP emails but when users trying Web access mail " OWA" which is directed also to Fortimail it fails and goes down !! note that the deployment mode is gateway mode . so any one knwo how i can handle web email traffic ? processing it or relaying it ?
4 REPLIES 4
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Kareem, I' m not sure what you mean when you say " it fails and goes down !!" Are users able to access OWA? Access to OWA bypasses the Fortimail completely.... internal mail would never touch the Fortimail, but external mail would get processed by the Fortimail if it relays outbound from exchange.
Adrian_Buckley_FTNT

You should only be forwarding port 25 (SMTP) traffic to the FortiMail from your external firewall, and SMTPS (if you have that coming). Not all Ports and all traffic that would be destined for your exchange server. The FortiMail is not a proxy for OWA.
TuncayBAS
Contributor II

If you were referred to the FortiMail all ports, port forwarding screen can do.

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5

Tuncay BAS RZK Muhendislik Turkey NSE 4 5 6 FCESP v5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

let' s back up a few steps. You say your gateway mode, so they only you should be access are personal quarantines. You mention OWA, that tells me you want Outlook web access, but I don' t think that' s a function in fortimail in a gateway mode for mailboxes. I believe you are confusing what you have and not clear on what your doing. I believe personal quarantines are accessible via https and maybe pop3 iirc. Server mode allows for http/pop3/imap/etc..... So what are you trying to do, and confirm the mode ( server/gateway/transparent ), in gateway mode the mail is forward to a mail-server, in server mode the mail user boxes are stored on the fortimail. please update us.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors