Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
journeyman
Contributor

deploy ips signature file using scp or similar?

Looking to script the update of ips signature files, but without ftp or tftp available (which rules out execute restore ips [ftp|tftp] etc..). Can scp be used to deploy ips signature files? If so, what is the destination filename on the FGT, any other steps required?
1 Solution
journeyman

I mean the ips db file (and av, for that matter) from fortinet support - vsigupdate*.pkg and nids*.pkg.

What is the push method?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FatalHalt
Contributor II

The only think that I' m aware that SCP can do is backups. If there is more, I would love to see a write up or some documentation on it!
norouzi
Contributor

Just FTP or TFTP is available.

You can do it from the web.

norouzi
Contributor

Just FTP or TFTP is available.

You can do it from the web.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What do you mean update the  ips signature file? Are you talking about  custom ips sigantures or the  fortiguard provided ips-db-file ?

Either, you can manual push the  IPS or even AS database file to a fortigate. Just down load the  update-file from support at fortinet and use the  "push" method.

On custom signatures, you could build signatures and push them via expect  or something similar. if your creative and dangerous you can use fnsctl and copy files from a USB /mounted drive to the directory with in the fortigate FileSystem.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
journeyman

I mean the ips db file (and av, for that matter) from fortinet support - vsigupdate*.pkg and nids*.pkg.

What is the push method?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors