Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jamestiberius
New Contributor II

dameware & RDP not working over ipsec tunnel after install of 90d

so we replaced a 40c firewall with a 90d, at the same time moved from 3 mb DSL to MB bonded DSL connection. ipsec tunnel from 200b to the 90d. setup the ipsec tunnel, everything seems to be working, until couple days later I needed to do a remote session on user behind 90d, cannot connect using RDP or dameware. do not seem to ever get response from the devices behind the 90d when connecting with dameware. noticed that when I tried to ping a PC by name, it could not find the host. checking settings on the 90d, I see that DNS defaulted to fortinet dns servers, changed it to our internal DNS, but still having same issue. did diag sniffer packet on 90d, and never see response from the remote system I am trying to access. fortinet support thinks it is firewall issue or similar, but they have the same firewall (symantec) they had before, and it works on other sites with 40c in place. any ideas what I could look at or try next?
1 REPLY 1
Michael_Boskovic
New Contributor

I would disable all firewall' s on the workstation (Symantec and Windows firewall) just for testing purposes. This way you can verify with reasonable certainty that the workstation is not the cause of the issue. Also, are you seeing the packet being received on the remote Fortinet firewall?
Michael Boskovic CCIE, CCDP, CCNP, CCNA, FCNSP, FCNSA
Michael Boskovic CCIE, CCDP, CCNP, CCNA, FCNSP, FCNSA
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors