Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
knam273
Visitor

create multiple fortigate lab in eve-ng

Hi, I am new in both eve-ng and fortigate. sorry for my naive question.

I create my first lab with fortigate firewall using trial license, everything work fine. 

then in my second fortigate lab, serial of fortigate node change and trial license is invalid and I cannot register it gain using my account. 

Is there a way to sustain the fortigate image with its serial number in different eve-ng lab ?  

4 REPLIES 4
johnathan
Staff
Staff

Unfortunately, you can only have one FortiGate Evaluation VM per FortiCloud account, see: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-private-cloud/7.6.0/xen-administration-guide/504166/for...
You can try to use multiple FortiCloud accounts potentially.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."
knam273

many thank for your answer.

Suppose I have several lab topology, each lab need one Fortigate VM and I only run 1 lab at a time. is this possible for me to reuse the Fortigate Evaluation VM (connect with my account) in each lab ? 

As a learner, I would like to keep all these topology for making reference, also destroying and creating new topology in every lesson just to keep Fortigate Evaluation VM is time consuming.

johnathan

Yup. You can move the license around to whichever FortiGate you want to use at that moment. It will change the S/N like you saw previously, but should work fine.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."
knam273

How can i move license between each vm in each lab ? Sorry i am new on this topic 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors