Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

connect fortigate firewall with fortiswitch

Hello Dears

I am trying to add two fortigate switches (148F) to be manged by (60F) firewalls working in HA as Active/Passive, but always the devices are appeared on offilne status , i had check the OS version , NTP and configure the device with vlan 4094 to be like that : 

config switch auto-network

set mgmt-vlan 4094

set status enable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

end

but also no luck and they appeared offline , anyone can help me please?

Bests

2 REPLIES 2
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You may consider to run in CLI on FortiGate side "execute switch-controller get-conn-status <FortiSwitch_serial_number>"  and check the status.

FortiGate
Aneesh
Staff
Staff

Hi Mustpha,

I understand that you are trying to bring the Fortiswitch on the Fortigate in managed mode and the status seems to be offline. I kindly request you to help me with the below details for validation. 

>What is the version running on the Fortigate 60F?

>What is the version of the Fortiswitch 148F?

>What is the type of interface created on the Fortigate where the Fortiswitches are connected(eg; Aggregate/physical/hardware switch)

Also, help me with the below outputs from the Switch CLI/console

#show switch trunk

#get system interface

#diag switch trunk summary

#execute switch controller get-conn-status

#execute time

If possible please share the " #diag debug report " output from the Switch as well.

I will validate and help you with the next action once you share the above details.

Regards,
Aneesh 

Aneesh
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors