Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MBR
New Contributor III

[__cmdb_bg_fork:670] fork( ) failed: 12(Cannot allocate memory)

I experience issues on several different FortiGate 60E firewalls with firmware 5.4.2 and 5.4.3.

After a period of uptime I experience that new changes (for example a new created policy) aren't working.

When doing troubleshooting in the cli I get  the error "[__cmdb_bg_fork:670] fork( ) failed: 12(Cannot allocate memory)"

When checking memory usage at that time only 60% memory is used.

The firewalls are configured with a simple config. In basic only an allow out policy with some default AV,Application Control and SSL certificate inspection.

I have to reboot the unit to get it resolved for some time until the issues comes back.

Anyone experiencing the same issue or know if this is a know issue with the 5.4.2 and 5.4.3 releases and can confirm it is resolved in 5.4.4 or has a solution for this issue?

MBR

- MBR -

NSE1, NSE2, NSE3

FGT60D/E, FWF60D/E, FGT200D

- MBR - NSE1, NSE2, NSE3 FGT60D/E, FWF60D/E, FGT200D
18 REPLIES 18
Sylvia
Contributor II

Any information if v5.4.5 had solved this issue?

MBR
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Today i received to following information from FortiCare support team:

The issue you are facing is a bug: 0417423  ETA for the fix 5.6.1 

FortiOS 5.6.1 is planned to be released somewhere next week.

- MBR -

NSE1, NSE2, NSE3

peter_wickenberg

Any news on this update/bug and update/fix for it? I just ran into the same "failed: 12(Cannot allocate memory)" error when trying to run diag debug enable to track down some traffic flow faults in a 30E. Back home I temporary moved from my 30E to an older 60D to avoid the memory allocation fault, awaiting fix also for that unit. Seems like this is haunting some E-series devices.

xkalib3r

Hi All

Seeing this on a 100D with 5.4.4 as well. Has anyone tested 5.6.1 yet? I have it (5.6.1) running on some of our internal devices, but they never had this issue to begin with.

FCNSA

FCNSP

FCWS

NSE5

NSE7

FCNSA FCNSP FCWS NSE5 NSE7
Vitor_Luz

FortiOS 5.4.5 also has this issue. I'm facing this problem on a FortiGate 80E. Fortinet Support suggests to test with FortiOS 5.6.1, and if doesn't work, to upgrade to 5.6.3 when available ETA (Nov 06, 2017 - Nov 16, 2017). There is no documentation indicating that hass been resolved in 5.4.6, according to Fortinet Support.

MBR
New Contributor III

Seems this issue is still haunting some us of.

I must say i didn't experienced this issue yet after upgrading to 5.6.2

- MBR -

NSE1, NSE2, NSE3

Ephraim
New Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue with the FGT30E of one of our customers. I created a ticket and received these informations:

Bug ID is 443019 - it is fixed in FortiOS 5.6.3 and planned to be fixed in FortiOS 5.4.8, which is scheduled for the end of next week. I will wait for 5.4.8 as we don't use 5.6.3 in productive environments yet. 

Chris_Carson
New Contributor

We have the same issue with a FGT100D on 5.4.4.  This issue is very frustrating and requires a full system restart to resolve.

Chris_Carson
New Contributor

Anyone tried 5.4.8 yet?

Bug ID 443019 is listed in the release notes.

https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/4166/fortios-v5.4.8-release-notes.pdf

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors