Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Waleed_Wardany
New Contributor

certificate

i have two problems with fortimail 1 - The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. The certificate is only valid for FortiMail ( factory certificate ) 2 - The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is only valid for Fortinet ( self signed certificate )
4 REPLIES 4
Matthijs
New Contributor II

If you want this problem resolved you should buy a certificate from a trusted certificate provider. You can also get one for free at www.startssl.com Steps are: 1) Generate a CSR 2) let the issuer sign it 3) upload the signed certificate to the FortiMail This is normal behaviour. FortiNet cannot supply certificates for your domain.
Waleed_Wardany
New Contributor

1 - that mean i can' t use self and signed certificate 2 - how long certificate from this website work
Waleed_Wardany
New Contributor

self and factory certificate is installed on fortimail server not from our side and not from any website
rhwimmers
New Contributor

Did you get any error when trying to create a CSR? I get a failed to add entry when trying to create one with the stock 2 that you described.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors