Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

case studies using Fortiauthenticator

from anyone standpoint using fortiauthenticator what would be the leverage in using this solution? Or any one could share their case studies?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
4 REPLIES 4
cbabfat
New Contributor III

I think the best potential is if you use a bunch of other Foritnet equipment.

You can use it for 2 factor auth on RDP, Outlook Web Access, client VPN's, and web sites.

Fullmoon

cbabfat wrote:

I think the best potential is if you use a bunch of other Foritnet equipment. 

You can use it for 2 factor auth on RDP, Outlook Web Access, client VPN's, and web sites.

thank you for addressing my post.

Does it require also fortitoken?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
SteveRoadWarrior

It would be the obvious primary use case.

However, there could be a situation where you want to provide centralized LDAP authentication without tying into Microsoft Active Directory.  Fortiauthenticator will do that as well.

Plus it can provide centralized token administration across many Fortigate devices.  If you just have one site, or location, best to skip it and go with an HA (High Availability) setup instead.

Multiple sites and Fortigate devices?  It is much more attractive then.

marco_buccella

From your point of view exist some type of solution that can provide 2 factor authentication for example using token and SSO. Example centralize the authentication to a site where is located the FAC and let this user authenticated via SSO to all the network. (Hub and Spoke network??)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors