Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jay_Libove
Contributor

cannot scan Amazon MFA 2D Barcode with FortiToken Mobile 2.0.1.0088

I cannot scan an Amazon AWS MFA 2D Barcode with FortiToken Mobile 2.0.1.0088. FortiToken Mobile turns on a video display from my phone' s camera, but never recognizes the Amazon AWS IAM MFA 2D Barcode. I use Barcode Scanner+ on this Android 4.2 based phone, which works perfectly with Google Authenticator. (I' m hoping to replace Google Authenticator, maybe with FortiToken Mobile, because Google Authenticator on Android, unlike on iOS, cannot re-order the accounts...) Should FortiToken Mobile work with this? Does it require a specific barcode scanner app to be installed on the device? thanks,
1 REPLY 1
Jay_Libove
Contributor

Oops, just being an idiot (again). Sorry. I use XPrivacy on my Android devices, to have permission-by-permission control over apps. I' d forgotten that, when I installed FortiToken, I' d not adjusted the default permissions (so I' d prohibited FortiToken Mobile permission to access the camera.... heheh). Works fine. -Jay
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors