Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fabs
New Contributor III

cannot longer connect FortiClientVPN 7.2.2.0116 Azure SAML MFA

Hello,

since updating iPhone iOS from the last version 16 to the current 17.0.1, connecting via FortiClientVPN is no longer possible. The Azure SAML authentication takes place, but it stops at "Connection".
FortiClient VPN 7.2.2.0116
Fortigate 7.2.5 build1517
Can anyone here report the same problem?

60 REPLIES 60
sbaechler
New Contributor

VPN is also working with the FortiClient app. (Not FortiClient VPN). It can be used for 30 days.

I am a bit worried why the fix for the free app is taking so long. What would happen if there was a security issue with the free client?

Derekr
New Contributor

Is there any update on this issue, specifically some kind of ETA as to when the App is going to be released  as this is causing significant issues for members of my staff that use iPhones to connect and the 30 day expiry just makes things worse for remote workers

PBalochini
New Contributor II

No ETA for while. The only work-around is to disable dtls-tunnel and all iphones will be able to connected as before.  

config vpn ssl settings
    set dtls-tunnel disable
end

solae
New Contributor II

FYI: You can just delete the App and Reinstall it for another 30 Days Trial.

MPG
New Contributor

Good morning together,

today there was an update on iOS to Version 7.2.3, after installing i can no longer connect the VPN tunnel. 

We have disabled the dtls-tunnel in case of the issues with version 7.2.2, but this help not for the new verion 7.2.3. I try enable dtls-tunnel, but this will also not work. :(

xDivour
New Contributor II

Working fine after the update on my end we still have dtls disabled from the 7.2.2 version. Do you have devices still on 7.2.2 that can confirm its still working for them?

CRPL_Mike
New Contributor

We utilize Azure SAML and had implemented the DTLS workaround for use with Forticlient v7.2.2 for iOS.  After updating to v7.2.3 and reversing that change in the Fortigate, the SSL-VPN connection works successfully for us.

FortiOS v7.2.5

jcordero
New Contributor II

I tested it with the new Forticlient VPN version (7.2.3.0123) on IOS 17.0.3.   It works!  

MPG
New Contributor

I am Running iOS 17.1.1. on my iPhone, Forticlient Version 7.2.3 & FortiOS 7.4.1 and can no longer connect after update to this Version. The 7.2.2. clients works without any problems. :(

bucky23
New Contributor

I am running iOS 17.3 on ipad and iphones and Forticlient VPN version 7.2.4.0125 and we cannot get VPN to go once we hit "connect". It comes up with a blank white screen "about:blank"

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors