Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

build 292 (2.80 mr6) fgt60 and ping issue

product : FGT60 s/n : FGT-602104402482 Build : 2.80 MR6 b292 Hello, Since i have upgraded my FGT60 i encounter some problems : I can' t ping any ip address from FGT (execute ping ...) even 127.0.0.1 or ip of the FGT itself or external ip address ; but from outside the FGT (private LAN (internal) or from internet (WAN1) or from dmz (DMZ)) it' s is ok. Automatics upgrade failed (network error) and fortinet distribution not available... I have read in forums that peoples have the same problem, but i don' t understand what i need to do ... I have just upgraded NIDS and AV Signatures manally, but no success for automatics... and ping always fails. ------------- # execute traceroute 127.0.0.1 traceroute to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1), 32 hops max, 72 byte packets 1 traceroute: sendto: Operation not permitted traceroute: wrote 127.0.0.1 72 chars, ret=-1 *traceroute: sendto: Operation not permitted traceroute: wrote 127.0.0.1 72 chars, ret=-1 * # execute ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes Timeout ... --- 127.0.0.1 ping statistics --- 5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss ------------------------- Here is my config : 3 configured ports (internal : 192.168.0.2/24 ; wan1 : myisp-pppoe ; dmz : 192.168.42.1) no ping servers configured. Thnaks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5
stoni
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I can' t ping internet and I can' t do traceroute sendto: Operation not permitted Someone solve the problem? Thanks
Not applicable

I am working with support on a similiar issue on a 400a. Can ping the LAN, ping the gateways, but can not ping anything external from the FG. Had to point the DNS servers on the FG to internal servers. Everything else works but the unit can not contact Fortinet for updates. Support is at a loss write now and the only suggestion is to wipe it and manually retype in the config.
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Not a pleasant option.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

product : FGT60 s/n : FGT-602104402482 Build : 2.80 MR6 b292 Hello, Since i have upgraded my FGT60 i encounter some problems :
If you' ve decided upgrade, take a step further and upgrade to 2.80 MR12 patch1 last and stable build from the 2.80 branch There' re several notices about such kind of DNS problems in those releases As usual: READ carefully Release Notes pdf, and quoting it : " Save a copy of your FortiGate unit configuration (including replacement messages and content filtering lists) prior to upgrading."

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
stoni
New Contributor

In other post I found: RE: Problems with AV/PING/TRACEROUTE (in reply to isptools) my fault. There was an VPN entry with external/external-Interface that messed maybe the whole system. But it isnt visible in the gui only in the cmd-line-Interface ! I check my configuration, but I don' t found wrong entry. Hope this can help someone However I thing that the connection problem can be associate with some wrong entry in the configuration....but is possible that the fortinet support cannot find it?I opened a case that is pending
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors