Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

broadcast multiple ssid

hi gurus,

Im not new to Fortigate except Fortinet Wireless formerly Meru. Using Fortigate and FortiAP I am able to published multiple SSID using 1 AP only. SSID can be in Bridge or Tunnel mode. For example, Corp SSID in bridge mode will provide ip address the same as my local network, Guest SSID in Tunnel mode will broadcast different subnet to my guest users. 

Now using FWLC and AP how do I achieve the same goal? I am able to provide different subnet in my guest network but unable to reach my lan or even reach the internet. So im missing a route here

Heres my config

If you want the user to get IP from 10.10.10.x subnet, you need to configure the ff.

Under Configuration

Wired>>DHCP Server

Wired >> VLAN" and call this vlan when creating the ESS profile under "Configuration >> Wireless >> ESS".  Dataplane Mode : Tunneled  Tunnel Interface Type : Configured vLAN Only  VLAN Name: <select the vlan> 

any help is much appreciated. already created tac case and waiting for their reply.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
3 REPLIES 3
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I´m using "Feature Group", you will find it under "Configuration" -> "System Config"

Create a new group, add the AP(s), radio profile etc... 

Then click on "ESS", select all SSIDs you want, after you click Save, it will be pushed out to the AP

If you do not want to use feature Group, you´ll need to edit each AP from "Devices" -> "APs" -> "ESS-AP Table" and add each ESS profile to it.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
bandersen_FTNT

Hi

just adding. that WLC isn't a router, so all routing needs to be done by L3 device, aka a FGT for instance.

When using VLAN WLC will simply add the tag, and leave everything else to the gateway.

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

Fullmoon

@selective @bandersen I sent PM on you guys. Thank you.

Wondering why I cant attach/upload images in this page only private messages? 

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors