Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shehzad_rattani
New Contributor

adding third wan link to FortiGate

Hello,

We have purchased a Fortinet unit with the following specifications:

Fortinet - FortiGate 94D PoE

QuickStart Guide of this unit shows a diagram of the device. According to the diagram, the device has the following ports:

USB MGMT (USB Mini-B)

DMZ 1 & 2 (SFP)

WAN 1 & 2 (RJ-45)

LAN Ports 1-24

LAN PoE Ports 25-48

Currently, we have DSL Internet Connection 1 from Internet Service Provider 1 and DSL Internet Connection 2 from Internet Service Provider 2. We have connected connection 1 to WAN 1 and connection 2 to WAN 2. Our requirement is to add DSL Internet Connection 3 from Internet Service Provider 3 to the Fortinet/FortiGate unit. However, the unit only provides two WAN connections, WAN 1 and WAN 2. Is it possible that we could add the DSL Internet Connection 3 from Internet Service Provider 3 to the FortiGate unit?

Regards,

Shehzad

1 Solution
brycemd
Contributor II

The ones listed as Physical are already broken off from the switch. This means they are independent ports and you configure them as such. Just assign the port you want as WAN the IP address/subnet(or DHCP client)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brycemd
Contributor II

In interfaces, just remove one of the LAN ports from the hardware switch and you can do whatever you want with it.

shehzad_rattani

Thank you so much brycemd.

Can you please further elaborate on this.

When I view the FortiGate 94D-POE setup through the browser, I get six menu options on the left; Dashboard, FortiView, Network, Config, Admin, Monitor. When I expand Network option, the first option I get is Interfaces. It shows me Hardware Switch (3), Physical (21), and WAN Link Load Balancing (1). Where do I remove LAN port and what is needed to be done once the LAN port is removed.

Regards,

Shehzad

brycemd
Contributor II

The ones listed as Physical are already broken off from the switch. This means they are independent ports and you configure them as such. Just assign the port you want as WAN the IP address/subnet(or DHCP client)

shehzad_rattani

Thank you so much brycemd and zhunissov4.

Your replies helped me a lot in the configuration of FortiGate 94D.

Regards,

Shehzad

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors