Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lostboy10
New Contributor

Zscaler GRE tunnel goes down after sometime

I have configured GRE tunnels with my fortinet cluster which is hosted on aws...the tunnel comes up and works fine for sometime but then goes down randomly...when I failover to the other member it again comes up for a while but then goes down again..

Any help is appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

I didn't use much GRE but the few times I used it I noticed connectivity issue. I recommend to use IPsec tunnel instead.

AEK
AEK
smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Have you checked system event logs? If you have a GRE keepalives/monitor and if it is failing intermittently then it can cause issues with the GRE tunnel. Usually system log will be something which you can look at first.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-GRE-Tunnel-monitoring/ta-p/197720

Regards,

Shiva

syordanov
Staff
Staff

Hello,

First step which you can do is to do a 'diagnose sniffer packet ' for the remote IP address of the GRE tunnel  when does not work to see if your device sends and receives packets from remote GRE tunnel.
Second is to check the link-monitor status if it's configured. If you have link-monitor and your FG does an icmp requests , check for DDoS protection on remote end .

Best regards,

Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors