Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gerg
New Contributor

ZoneFox | Horizon VDI

Crikey, it's lonely in here!

I'm working with a customer on a VMware Horizon VDI project and we have installed ZoneFox 4.2.0.0 onto the Windows 10 1903 Gold Image. The customer has advised that they are not receiving data from the Virtual Machines that were created from the Gold Image. They have reached out to Support who have advised they don't support VDI.

Has anyone managed to get ZoneFox working in VDI or in the scenario where it is installed into an image which is cloned?

Usually to get applications like these working we have to find the Unique ID / GUID in the registry and remove it, maybe stop some services too. When the Gold Image is cloned and made into a Pool the services start and a new GUID is created. In the case of something like Trend Office Scan we would need to leave the services disabled and run a computer script that enables and starts the services.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gerg

1 REPLY 1
gerg
New Contributor

I'm still trying to work out how to get ZoneFox working. I've had a dig around, looking at the CollectorManager service, found the C:\Program Files (x86)\Inquisitive Systems\CollectorManager folder, did some digging in there, then I found this XML file...

end.col.man.xml

Here’s an interesting line which makes me think that ZoneFox supports VDI:

<!--

Defines the location of data and log folders

machine = stores in %programfiles(x86)%\inquisitive systems\collectormanager

user    = stores in %appdata%\inquisitive systems\collectormanager

Machine is used in deployments to Windows machines with no user virtualisation.

User storage should be used in deployments with user virtualisation, e.g. with

Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare Horizon View, Citrix VDI-in-a-Box, Microsoft RDS

-->

<ProfileType>Machine</ProfileType>

Could it be as simple as setting ‘Machine’ to ‘User’?

Is there a switch that can be used to install it in user mode? https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD44431

Does the agentID.bin need to be deleted?

Looking forward to some company in this very quiet forum!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors