Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MyMike
New Contributor

ZTNA Fortinet NSE 4 - FortiOS 7.0 Exam

Is ZTNA covered in the exam for the NSE4 certification or not?
Neither the course description nor the exam description mentions ZTNA. However, ZTNA is explained in detail in the study guide.

5 REPLIES 5
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Not tried that on 7.0 exam yet, but .. Why would it be there in study guide if not used in test ?

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

ijaram

Hi, passed the exam on May 13th, can confirm that no ZTNA questions based on the guide were present in the exam. Maybe it will come in one of future iterations. By then, learn it for yourselves :)

MyMike
New Contributor

Hi ijaram

Congratulations on passing the exam.

I have learned the basics of ZTNA. It's not magic and it's actually an interesting approach to securing applications. 

MyMike
New Contributor

Hi xSilver

Thanks for your reply. 

You might be right, i'm better also study this ZTNA so far to be ready to be questioned about it.
It would be ideal if only topics listed in the exam description were examined. This way one can prepare for an exam as efficiently as possible.
It could be listed in the study guide to give a rough overview of this feature.

xsilver_FTNT

Not sure the "efficiency" is the right approach in gaining knowledge.

It might seems so if you just want to pass the test and forget about it.

For me, IT is a hobby of some sort.

So for example learning /24 subnetting without any clue how other classes looks like. Or even that are class-less subnets is total nonsense.
Unless someone do not want to know anything besides very narrow scope to just barely pass the test.

I guess there might be some like this, but that's not my cup of tea.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors