Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aguerriero
Contributor II

ZTNA Access Denied - No ZTNA client certificate was provided

I have been testing out a client doing various things on it and now I get a ZTNA client certificate not provided error. Sometimes I can connect to gateways and sometimes not. Another test forticlient is using the exact same policy and profiles and is not getting this error. Is there any way to get this client working again?

It is so intermittent that I can open up an SSH session, close it and open it back up and get the certificate error on the next attempt.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but I always get the same thing.

Capture1234.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello aguerriero,

Could you please test the below steps on the affected PC

Remove all certificates under the following path:

C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient\cert\local

Then navigate to "Manage user certificates -> Personal -> Certificates -> delete cert Issued By "FCTEMS***"

Please let me know if you are still seeing the issue after doing the above steps.

Regards
Nagaraju.

aguerriero
Contributor II

I ended up removing the user verification and unregistering the endpoint. When I re-registered the endpoint and reverified the user,  the problem went away.

knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hi Aguerriero,

I am glad to know that the issue got resolved after removing the user verification and unregistering the endpoint and re-registering the endpoint.

Regards
Nagaraju.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors