Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Your thoughts on the new Fortinet certification path - Network Security Expert

Hi guys, Not sure if anyone' s noticed, but it seems that Fortinet will be moving away from the FCNSA and FCNSP certification levels, and going towards an eight level ' NSE' cert. More details can be found here: http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/basicfiles/NSE-Learning-Path.pdf To go-to the next certification level, you would need to hold all the previous ones. So to reach NSE-6 for example, you would need to be NSE-5 certified. The levels in a nutshell are: NSE-1: Completed FCNSA on-line material NSE-2: Passing FCNSA exam NSE-3: Achieving ' Silver' status on the Fortinet forums NSE-4: Passing FCNSP exam NSE-5: Attending FortiManager & FortiAnalyzer training and pass the exams NSE-6: Attending the FortiOS Troubleshooting course and pass the exam NSE-7: Achieving ' Gold' status on the Fortinet forums NSE-8: Pass an oral and practical exam (that has yet to be created) I personally think it' s a great idea and the courses/exams required are perhaps the most useful for FortiGate engineers (finally gives me an excuse to do the Troubleshooting course!). The requirement to be active on the forums is a nice touch too; and although it will probably mean a few more ' filler' type posts, the more people that will be engaged and reading the forums the better it is for all of us in the Fortinet community. Was hoping to get your thoughts on the new certification levels and their requirements. Do you think it' s a move in the right direction or an unnecessary change?
1 Solution
hklb
Contributor II

I think that before end of this year, fortinet will not be ready.. So the best thing is to wait and when they will be ready, they will inform us by a newsletter (for partners at least..).

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
JukkaH
New Contributor

Brian Jackson did ask that where to put FCNSA number to get NSE2? Does anyone have an idea? This whole NSE thing is confused... Now they have changed learning center view so that there is some NSE part, hmph.
hklb
Contributor II

I think that before end of this year, fortinet will not be ready.. So the best thing is to wait and when they will be ready, they will inform us by a newsletter (for partners at least..).
JukkaH
New Contributor

Yup.. maybe thats the thing. It is just frustrating to be new on the field and try to figure out things with Fortinet and everything is totally messy. Hopefully these FCNSA/FCNSP are still valid paths and those other certification requirements will come later...
Shawn_W

I believe that the FCNSA and FCNSP are both still valid certifications.  I think the NSE path is more for partnership. 

braymetnet

Hi,

I have a question if one is a FCNSP qualified and if they get NSE5 qualified will that renew the FCNSP, of not then what is the way.

Please advice.

Kind  Regards

B.Ray

Alby23

FCNSA/FCNSP do not exist anymore. They are now grouped in the new NSE4.

Michael_Ledet
New Contributor

It looks like they are trying to incorporate things into a nice path. It might not exactly fit everyone' s idea' s. But they are trying to build the community as part of the certification process.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors