Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
carrobe90
New Contributor

YouTube keeps loading and the video is not showing with a ruler in Application Control

sql.png

Good afternoon, I have a problem with my control application in which the video/audio category is prohibited, I added a rule in which I allow everything related to YouTube, but when I watch the video it stays loading and does not advance, what options should I do? apply so it can load the video normally?

9 REPLIES 9
amuda
Staff
Staff

Hi @carrobe90 ,

Does the SSL Inspection in the firewall policy that has this Application Control profile enabled set to deep-inspection?

Amerul
APAC TAC
carrobe90

@amuda , of course, look at the rule in the firewall policy, it doesn't appear blocked on forwarded traffic but yet the video doesn't start loading

sql.png

ozkanaltas

Hello @amuda ,

Do you have limitations in the web filter profile? 

When you review the security logs, what does it say?  Blocked by app control or web filter?

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
carrobe90

This is the log.

sql.png

I have it configured like this

sql.png

hbac

Hi @carrobe90,

If you are using deep inspection, your firewall policies and security profiles should be proxy-based. Also, try setting URL filter action to exempt. 

Regards, 

amuda

Try to change the Type used from Regular Expression to Wildcard:

e.g *.youtube.*

Amerul
APAC TAC
spoojary
Staff
Staff

In the URL filter change it to wildcard exempt *youtube.com*

Siddhanth Poojary
carrobe90

@spoojaryThe problem is that it does not download if I do not have the streaming media and download category active.

carrobe90

hi @hamidch can you help me with a example?, please

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors