Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nicholas_Shoemaker
New Contributor

YouTube extremely slow after FortiGate installation

First off, I hope this forum is the correct place for this thread. If not, I apologize and an admin can feel free to move it to its correct location. Thank you! We were using a Cisco firewall when I started with the company, back in April. When I started, everything was running correctly. In September' ish, we upgraded to a FortiGate 110C. Ever since the upgrade, YouTube has been extremely slow. As I am new to FortiGate and am still learning my way around, I am unclear whether there is a setting to fix this. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance for any responses!
15 REPLIES 15
TopJimmy
New Contributor

I' ve got the same problem on a couple of my FortiGates (FWF80CM/FWF60C) but I experience that problem regardless of a protection profiles/UTM. I rebuilt the 80CM by formatting the flash, loading a fresh copy of 4.2.10 and manually configuring the unit with no UTM/protection assigned to any of the policies and I get horrid performance on YouTube. Plug the test PC directly into the ISP and bypass the FortiGate and performance is excellent. The same thing happens on a FWF60c. My 620b' s work great as long as no UTM is applied to the policy. I' m going to test the above KB link to see if that works and report back here afterwards.
-TJ
-TJ
billp
Contributor

They changed the syntax in MR3. Based on the docs at docs.fortinet.com for MR3, you can skip the " config http" context and go directly to " set options contenttype-check" . You can skip the corresponding " end" command as well. Just before you make the change, you might want to do a " show" to see if there are any existing " options" already set. The " set" command does not add to existing options settings -- it will replace them. Other than the above, it looks like the other commands should work in MR3.

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

Nicholas_Shoemaker
New Contributor

config webfilter profile edit " primaryWebProfile" set options contenttype-check config web set content-header-list 1 end next end
Okay, just got done doing this commands, and it appears to have greatly improved my YouTube loading times. Have tested with five people thus far, and not experienced any lag in starting the videos. Thank you VERY much for the help. Will give it a day or two, and test with some more people, but looking good thus far. Thanks!
billp
Contributor

Nicholas -- Glad it worked! Bob -- Thanks for the " config ?" suggestion. I forgot about that one.

seadave
Contributor III

Would someone mind posting the CLI syntax for 4.3.5 from start to finish?
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

It' s just what Nicholas Shoemaker posted on Feb 15th - it' s not a quote but an edited quote with the correct syntax.
 config webfilter profile
    edit " primaryWebProfile" 
       set options contenttype-check
       config web
          set content-header-list 1
       end
    next
 end

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels