Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikeU
New Contributor

YouTube blocked as Storage.Backup/Google.Docs

We block online storage and Google Docs. Recently, about a week ago, users started complaining about problems with YouTube videos. It appears that videos, not the YouTube site, are being blocked as Storage.Backup/Google.Docs.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

=Mike
=Mike
10 REPLIES 10
MikeU
New Contributor

Well, YouTube videos are no longer being blocked as Storage.Backup.

The v5.00591 attack definitions, released yesterday, seem to have changed the application list. My 4.0.3 devices no longer show "Google.Docs" as an application - which is the app that was being assigned to YouTube videos. That app was in the Storage.Backup category.

On 4.0.3 devices, these applications are related to Google Docs:

Google.Docs_File.Download - Storage.Backup Google.Docs_File.Upload - Storage.Backup

On my 5.2.1 device and on the FortiGuard website, these applications (and category) are related to Google Docs:

Google.Docs (Collaboration) Google.Docs_File.Download (Collaboration) Google.Docs_File.Upload (Collaboration)

The "Collaboration" category does not exist on 4.0.3.

I don't know how YouTube videos are being categorized now. I know it's not Storage.Backup or any other application type that we're blocking. And, I don't know if Google.Docs was intentionally dropped from the application list on 4.0.3.

=Mike
=Mike
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors