Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SamuelRed
New Contributor

Wrong Result Query

Hi All FortiGuru,

I have problem to create report for traffic history of ipsec tunnel interface. So I explore the dataset and try to modify. But just try the default query of traffi-bandwidth-timeline, the result is wrong time range. Already test several time period, but the result always start from 16:00

whats the problem of the FAZ? bug? I using firmware 5.2.1 version

thanks and regards

Samuel.

7 REPLIES 7
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Please check if you can see related log in log view before 16:00, and make sure your device quota limit has not reached.

SamuelRed

hzhao_FTNT wrote:

Please check if you can see related log in log view before 16:00, and make sure your device quota limit has not reached.

Hi hzhao,

Yes, I can, capture is bellow :

thanks in advanced

BR

Samuel

hzhao_FTNT

Hi Samuel,

I didn't see this issue on my FAZ 5.2.1. Could you provide remote access of your FAZ? Please request a customer ticket and post ticket number here.

Regards,

h.zhao

SamuelRed

hzhao_FTNT wrote:

Hi Samuel,

I didn't see this issue on my FAZ 5.2.1. Could you provide remote access of your FAZ? Please request a customer ticket and post ticket number here.

Regards,

h.zhao

Hi h.zhao,

with pleasure, PM sent 

thanks

Samuel

hzhao_FTNT

Hi Samuel,

I reproduced this issue on your FAZ. Start time will be always from 9:00 when I select today, yesterday or last N days. Since I do not have access to CLI, I can't diagnose right now, but this issue seems caused by time zone.

What's your FGT version? What's timezone of your FGT, FAZ and local computer?

I will try to reproduce this issue on my FAZ/FGT, and get back to you a.s.a.p.

By the way, here is a public forum, pls remove remote access info in your previous post.

Regards,

H. Zhao

SamuelRed

hzhao_FTNT wrote:

Hi Samuel,

I reproduced this issue on your FAZ. Start time will be always from 9:00 when I select today, yesterday or last N days. Since I do not have access to CLI, I can't diagnose right now, but this issue seems caused by time zone.

What's your FGT version? What's timezone of your FGT, FAZ and local computer?

I will try to reproduce this issue on my FAZ/FGT, and get back to you a.s.a.p.

By the way, here is a public forum, pls remove remote access info in your previous post.

Regards,

H. Zhao

HI H.Zhao,

The fortigate using OS 5.0.6, with NTP server and GMT+7 time zone, previously FAZ using GMT+7 (same ntp server with fgt), but for trial error because wrong result query, so I had to change time zone to GMT, but the query result still same, 16:00 to 21:00 then I change back to GMT+7. My local computer also using GMT+7 time zone, but different NTP server.

I will restart the faz after posting this reply.

thanks and regards

Samuel

hzhao_FTNT

Hi Samuel,

I found an issue during testing on my FAZ: When FAZ and local computer are in different time zone, PDF report will use FAZ time, but html report will use local time. This issue should be caused by Java Script which is using local time to generate chart. 

I have reported above issue as a bug(https://mantis.fortinet.com/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0266718). But I can't reproduce your issue on dataset test console. Did you change time zone on your FAZ recently? Could you restart your FAZ and try again? If this issue still can be seen, please require a customer ticket, and provide administrator access info in ticket. For a workaround, please use PDF report instead of html, or set your local time to be the same as FAZ's.

Thanks,

H.Zhao

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors