Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Silver
New Contributor

Wireless Setup with Third Party

Dear All,

I would like to have some help regarding my scenario, The following below will be use;

1) Fortinet Firewall

2) Third party Wireless Controller and access point

3) FortiAuthenticator

All my wireless client will connect using the third party access point. The wireless authentication will be use EAP TLS as all the users will need to use a certificate to connect to the wireless.

Anyone can help me how to proceed with the setup and how to configured it. if am not wrong the setup should be follow like that wireless client---->Wireless controller----->Authenticator------>Fortinet Firewall

10 REPLIES 10
Mehdi_Mohsin

Hello People ,

Greeting of the Day. I very beginner in IT area but i think everyone avail the chance to learn . I have Ruckus Wireless access point and i have to give access to Guests (which i already have done that how to do that) we have Cisco environment with VSS working. 

client --------> AccessPoint------> Switch------->Vss Switch----->Fortigate------>DSL ----->Internet

now i dont understand where should i have to make new VLAN for guest in VSS Switch or in Fortigate.  Second is what should i do with fortigate how can i make rules and which things have to allow the traffic with this and how to configure fortigate. .

I know its a very basic and childish question but please if any one have time let me know . I will be very thank full. :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors