Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Searchlight
New Contributor

Wireless Connection Drops When Connected to VPN

User is working remote, and when they are connected to their VPN the wireless connection becomes unstable and drops every 30 minutes or so. When not connected to the VPN the connection is stable. It does not drop for long, but does drop long enough to disconnect the VPN.

The FortiGate and FortiClient installed on the workstation are both up to date. Wireless drivers are up to date. Workstation is running Windows 10.

Both the Spectrum router and modem have been replaced.

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Searchlight,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have found this document which discussing about disconnection issues:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-SSL-VPN-disconnection-issues-when-connecte...

Could you please tell me if it helps?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Are you sure the VPN Connection is the culprit? The symptom of wi-fi connection dropping might only be made obvious because the user is connected to the VPN, which requires a constant connection. In normal day-to-day usage, if Wi-Fi is dropping for a small bit, user might not notice.

Can you confirm 100% that the wi-fi is not dropping when the VPN is disconnected? And how are you making that determination?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors