Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mahfooz
New Contributor

Wireless Authentication issue for MAC client in forti AP 221c

Dear Friends, i am facing authentication issue for mac client some time it is getting connected and some time it not counting showing invalid password after so many try it get connected again i have fort ap 221c and fortigate 110c with feature patch. Any Idea.? mahfooz
4 REPLIES 4
barias
New Contributor

I' m having the same issue with Apple MacBook Pro clients and FortiAP 221C. When Mac users connect to an area covered by FortiAP221C, sometimes they get promted for their WPA2 password. Even if they enter the valid password, they keep getting prompted for the password. The only workaround that I have found for the moment is rebooting the FortiAP221C where Mac users are trying to connect. After rebooting, the WPA2 password works fine. If the Mac users move to an area covered by FortiAP 220B, they don' t have any issues with the wireless network.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Make sure your fgt device is running the special " wireless controller" build - as far as I am aware full support for the 221C hasn' t been integrated into the main steam firmware builds. (You can download the special build under the sub-directory under the FortiAP folder/verson/...). Read the firmware patch notes for both the AP and fgt device to confirm they are both compatible with each other and also to see any known issues. Personally, I would try to upgrade the firmware on the AP to the latest that is supported by the main fgt (or upgrade the firmware on both if needed). Perform a site or rouge survey to confirm the 221C is not using the same channel(s) as another AP. Not in front of a fgt at the moment, so not sure of the exact settings, but there is an " hand-off" setting you may want to look into. Try creating a custom WAP(?) profile for the 221C. The fgt has a nice set of debug commands for wireless troubleshooting -- may be someone can post the list (currently not at work to check my notes).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
barias

Thanks Dave, I' m running the special FortiOS build that supports FortiAP 221C: FortiGate-300C v5.0,build4457,140410 (GA Patch 7) FortiAP is running the latest version: FP221C-v5.2-build490 " This model is released on a special branch based off of FortiAP v5.2.0. As such, the output from the fap-get-status CLI command should read 490 as the build number and the Branch point field that should read 212" I' m waiting for Fortigate support to troubleshoot this issue. I see ' mahfooz' is having the same issue with Mac users. Thanks
mahfooz
New Contributor

Thanks Dave, i did also installed new special patch for AP and fgt, only rebooting AP is working fine for mac user' s but it is working fine for AP220B any one tested on FGT firmware 5.2.0 mahfooz
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors