Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Deftone
New Contributor

Windows IPSec

Hello again,

I have a question about configuring IPSec for windows. Yesterday I configured (with wizard) an IPSEc tunnel to connect my Windows10 notebook with my home enviroment. So far so good.

As for now I can conenct to my enviroment but I can not browse the internet. Even when I create a policy from IPsec range to WAN interface I can't browse the internet... What I saw is that my PC is getting the right ipaddress I specified for the ipsec _range but the pc has no default gateway... I know that I can eanble split tunneling but that is not what I want.

Is the lack of default gateway the problem over here?

2 REPLIES 2
Deftone
New Contributor

Hmh I ran wizzard again and now it's working. The only thing I needed to change was the policy from ipsec_range to wan1. I needed to chenge the type to all en enable nat. Now it's working. Next step is IPSec wint windows and certificate instead of psk :)

ede_pfau

The crucial point here is to enable NAT in the policy from LAN to WAN. Otherwise, traffic with private source addresses will leave the WAN interface but cannot be routed back.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors