Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Filonowst
New Contributor

Windows Explorer behaves erratically when nativating network directories over FortiClient

I have frequently experienced this issue on my Windows PC and on others' on our domain. I connect to FortiClient. I wait a minute. I run a "map network drives" command script that first deletes existing drive mappings and then remaps using FQDN's. I wait another minute. I navigate into the top level directory of a network drive and proceed into subdirectories. At random and without warning, as I am clicking into further subdirectories, Explorer pops back to the top level directory or the Explorer home page that shows all drives. When this happens, usually I can type the full subdirectory address in the address bar and get to the directory that I was not able to click through to. Sometimes at this point, however, I do not see all the files that I know are in the directory, although nothing shows as still loading. In this case, I can open a desktop application, use File > Open and type in the full network path of the missing file and it opens just fine.

We have no issues navigating these network shares while on-site / not connected over FortiClient, including after using the same "map network drives" script. We have no issues nav'ing these shares when connected to a server via RDP from offsite over the internet. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors