Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Windows 7 no access to internet

I am finding a very strange behaviour on all my Windows 7 64bit Dell Laptops, they all started to randomly lose connectivity to the internet. They can ping the default gateway (FortiGate 100A) but can' t connect to it using the GUI or Telnet. They also cannot route to the internet, DNS resolution is working fine however. A continuous ping from my client to www.google.com will fail until I go to the FortiGate CLI and execute a ping back to the client machine (with Windows 7 firewall off) only then can the client route through to the internet, until the next reboot when it all fails again. What has changed? ...we added window 7 to the installation WINXP machines are working fine, and I even have a brand new, out of the box, with no AV or any other software installed laptop exhibiting the very same problem. Frustrating.... Any help trying to resolve this issue is much appreciated. --bernie
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

My two cents to the problem. Microsoft has disabled NTLM support. If you are using it, try this solution. The same happen for example with Squid proxy. 1. In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa If it doesn’t exist, create a DWORD value named LmCompatibilityLevel and set the value to 1 to use LM NTLM and NTLMv2 if is negociated, this is Also it works establishing the value to 0, and 3 though for more safety the value using 3 though with old operating systems it will not work on having used obligatorily NTLMv2. 2. Reboot Bye
TopJimmy
New Contributor

We just had an issue mapping samba shares with Win7. Found this article: http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/codemonkeybusiness/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270746 and essentially it does the same thing as your reg hack does but uses the Security Policy Editor (which you can use at the Winders Domain level too) to make the changes. Interestingly enough, my Windows 7 clients haven' t had the problem " bjungreithmayr" describes but I' ll make sure I " bookmark" this for future reference. What ForiOS version are you running?
-TJ
-TJ
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors