Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maxim_Vanichkin
New Contributor II

Windows 7 and Fortigate

Hello!

Guys, need help... Cant understand the problem. Have a lot of branch offices with FortiWiFis 30E-3G4G-INTL there, and 300D in the center. All of them are connected with ipsec vpn to center (300D). So... Yesterday I was removing old Zywall with brand new FG. New comps with win8, 10, iphones and androids worked perfect. But windows 7 saw only local lan... All of devices got their ips through FG's DHCP with correct gateways and DNS... Yep... And there were no any logs  about sevens on the FG... I replaced FG with old zywall - and everything started to work. What is this? Thanks!

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If those PCs can ping the destinations over the tunnel but applications don't work, I would compare what those PCs got on the network connection especially DNS/WINS/NetBIOS settings between when they're behind Zywall and behind FWF30E-3G4G. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If those PCs can ping the destinations over the tunnel but applications don't work, I would compare what those PCs got on the network connection especially DNS/WINS/NetBIOS settings between when they're behind Zywall and behind FWF30E-3G4G. 

Maxim_Vanichkin

No, they cant... By the way - from tunnel - I can see that sevens (for example RDP works). But not from windows 7.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Then you need sniff it while pinging from the Win7 PCs toward the other end of the tunnel at both 30E and 300D to see how far it can get to. It might not be reaching the 30E or be dropped there.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors