Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ariel
New Contributor

Windows 10 - FortiClient 5.2.4.0650 blocks openVPN

Hello,

till yesterday I was able to use both programs on my Windows 8.1 - FortiClient 4.1.0 and openVPN v5. I could connect to two different networks via openVPN and to another one via FortiClient.

As FortiClient 4.1.0 is impossible to install on Windows 10 (every instalation ends with rollback data) I have to use newer version - 5.2.4.0650. But now, if I set up connection via openVPN and later on set up connection via FortiClient, just after connecting via FortiClient my openVPN connection is lost - i cannot ping any address from that network.

Both VPN's works perfectly when used separately.

There is no conflict with IP addresses, because FortiClient is on 192.168.1.XXX, and open VPN is on 10.8.1.XXX.

Did anyone of you have similar problem and know how to solve it?

5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Q:Do you see any violations in the forticlient logs from the OPenVPN?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Ariel wrote:

There is no conflict with IP addresses, because FortiClient is on 192.168.1.XXX, and open VPN is on 10.8.1.XXX.

Are you sure about that one? Remember you are getting an IP from the IPPool for the Client itself and routes for every subnet reachable

Are you 100% sure that there isn't an IP conflict in either the clients or the routes which they set? Remember if there is no Split Tunneling there is a conflict

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

But he state it work together b4 with win 8.1. I guess it would not hurt to get a ipconfig  and netstat -nr  while each client is operated solo and then together. He should look at the ppp and tun adpter address and routes.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

emnoc wrote:

But he state it work together b4 with win 8.1.

Didn't read that part

... Try disabling IPv6 on your Ethernet Connection ... don't ask why it's just a hunch

kolawale_FTNT

FortiClient 4.1.0 - would that be the SSL VPN standalone client (around build 2069)? Or the full FortiClient 4.1 (build 0124)?

I am wondering if the old FortiClient used to connect by split tunnel, thereby allowing access to 10.8.1.x network, while the new one connects using full tunnel.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors